Jurnal penelitian Musik (JPM) publishes articles concerning issues of music education, music studies, music composition, and performing arts. The editorial board of Jurnal Penelitian Musik (JPM) invites students, teachers, lecturers, practitioners, players and researchers to publish their writing. We provide a platform for innovation, invgention, and discovery in music fields.
Submission of manuscripts
- The Manuscripts submitted to Jurnal penelitian Musik (JPM) are original manuscripts. It means that the manuscripts have not been published in any journals either nationally or internationally or are not being proposed in other journals and are not the result The plagiarism by others as evidenced by the original statement of originality.
- The manuscript is typed in Indonesian or English with Microsoft Word program, Times New Roman letter, 12 pts size, with space 1.0 (single). The manuscript is printed on a 12-20 page with A4 paper format.
- The manuscript is uploaded online by creating an account as an author by registering through the page http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/pm/index
- The manuscript is reviewed in blind review by the reviewers who have been appointed in accordance with the field of expertise The author is given an opportunity to revise the manuscript based on recommendations / suggestions from reviewers or editors. The Publishing or rejection of the manuscript will be notified in writing.
Systematics of articles
Systematics of article writing research in the field of music education, music studies, music composition, and performing arts consists of: Title; Author's name; Affiliation; Email Address; Abstract and Keywords; Introduction; Method; Results and Discussion; Conclusion; and References.
- The title should be short (maximum of 13 words), straightforward and informative (able to describe the main content of the writing). The title is printed in capital letters in the middle, with the size of 18 pts
- Author's Name is listed without an academic degree, Affiliation (Author’s institution or department), and e-mail address. Three of them must be placed under the title of the article.
- Abstract should be written in both English and Indonesian in a single paragraph, 100-250 words. Containing the main issues, research objectives, methods and research results. The number of keywords is around 3-5 words or a combination of words. Abstract typed with Times New Roman font, 11 pts with single spacing
- Introduction contains background, research context, literature review, and research objectives. The entire introductory section is presented in an integrated form in paragraphs, with a length of 15-20% of the total length of the article
- The method consists of research design, data sources, data collection techniques, and data analysis conducted by researchers, with a length of 10-15% of the total length of the article
- Results and Discussion contains detailed descriptions of all research results along with its analysis. The results can be completed with tables, graphs, drawings and / or charts. The discussion contains the meaning of results and comparison with the theory and / or the results of similar research. The length of results and discussion is about 40-60% of the total length of the article.
- The conclusion is the overview of the discussion which contains research findings in the form of answers to research questions. The conclusion section should also put forward the implications of research results for the development of science and technology. The conclusions are presented in paragraph form, with a length of 10-15% of the total article.
- References only contains the sources referred in the manuscript. The sources of references used 80% in the form of primary sources such as scientific journals or research reports and published in the last 10 years.
- The information of citations/references are written in brackets. Mention the pages of direct quotations, for example: ... (Michael, 2000:48).
- The bibliography is listed according to APA style.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Bibliography and citations are conducted by using application reference such as mendeley, zotero, etc.