Author Guidelines (Download here)
SPEKTRA: Jurnal Fisika dan Aplikasinya is a continuously published three times a year scientific journal which is using blind review by system. SPEKTRA accepts original article is dedicated to all physics practitioners includes: Instrumentation and Computational Physics; Material Physics; Medical Physics and Biophysics; Astrophysics; Theoretical Physics; Particle and Nuclear Physics; Environment Physics; Renewable Energy; and other fields related to the application of physics.
The article consists of:
- Title: specific and effective, no more than 30 words, written by capital letters in all words.
- Author’s identity: Author’s full names (without degree), institutional address (including name institution, address, postal code, city, and country), and author’s email must write fully and clearly.
- Abstract: it is written in a paragraph which consists of 250 words maximum. Abstract is written sequentially from background of the study, objective of the study, methods, results, and conclusion.
- The keywords must be included on the same page as abstract. It consists of 3-5 words which are chosen genuinely so that reflects the concept of article.
- Introduction: serves the purpose of leading the reader from a general subject area to a particular field of research. It establishes the context of the research being conducted by summarizing current understanding and background information about the topic, stating the purpose of the work in the form of the hypothesis, question, or research problem, briefly explaining your rationale, methodological approach, highlighting the potential outcomes your study can reveal, and describing the remaining structure of the paper. By introducing and reviewing key sources of prior research in that area to show where gaps exist or where prior research has been inadequate in addressing the research problem.
- Figure Caption. Example writing “FIGURE 1,” which is the label must be written in capital and bold Times New Roman size 9. If the image has a lot of parts, you can use the label (a), (b), and so on.
- Table Caption. Example writing “TABLE 1,” is the label description table bold, and capital. Description flat table placed above the middle of the table.
- Equations should be placed in the middle with his right equation number (flush right). Here are tips on writing an equation in accordance with the template SPEKTRA:
- Copy, paste, and edit examples of Equation (1) in templates (very are suggested).
- Manually enter the equation, via the MathType
- Edit the number of equations.
- Before you manually enter the equation or edit the number of equations please install the MathType. Please download how to install MathType by access http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/spektra/equation
- Methods: it discusses the research design, data collection, data sources such as the population and sample, and data analysis. It is written with sentences in paragraphs, not in sequences using points.
- Results: it contains the data and information that has been collected. The finding systematically must be supported by charts, tables, figures or informative illustrations.
- Discussion: it shows a further explanation about the finding. Compare the finding with another research’s finding and do not repeat what has been written in finding.
- Conclusion: it should clearly state the result of correlated objective (and may also possible with future direction).
- Reference cited according to IEEE System numbered in accordance with the order of references in the research and in accordance with the sequence number in the bibliography. The number is written before “.” dot. In writing the citations and references, authors are recommended to use reference management software, such as Mendeley or Zotero. The reference must include 80 % primary sources in the past 10 years.
- References: it must be written according to IEEE System, numbered in accordance with the order of references in the research and in accordance with the sequence number in the bibliography.
This is an example to write the reference:
 J. K. Author, “Title of chapter in the book,” in Title of His Published Book, xth ed. City of Publisher, Country if not USA: Abbrev. of Publisher, year, ch. x, sec. x, pp. xxx-xxx.
 J. K. Author, “Title of report,” Abbrev. Name of Co., City of Co., Abbrev. State, Rep. xxx, year.
 Name of Manual/Handbook, x ed., Abbrev. Name of Co., City of Co., Abbrev. State, year, pp. xx-xx.
 J. K. Author, “Title of paper,” in Unabbreviated Name of Conf., City of Conf., Abbrev. State (if given), year, pp. xxx-xxx.
- Some tips to do a final check of your article before it is submitted to SPEKTRA:
1. Write down your paper using SPEKTRA Manuscript Template.
2. Make sure you save as Microsoft Word 1997-2003. If you have size problem, you can save as “.docx”.
3. Create PDF files from your article.
Manuscript Template of SPEKTRA available in two version. For authors, please download at the following link.
1) Manuscript Template (English version)
2) Manuscript Template (Bahasa Indonesia version)
IEEE Style Referencing
SPEKTRA using IEEE style of writing citations and bibliography. Instructions of writing citations and bibliography please download at the following link IEEE Style Referencing
Manuscript Assessment Process
Any accepted manuscript will be reviewed by at least two reviewers, plus editorial comments. The author is required to revised the manuscript according to reviewer comments and editors. Editor team will process it for later publication. For peer review process diagrams please go to Peer Review Process page.
Submission Technical Summary
1) SPEKTRA (manuscript template) format (Manuscript Template of SPEKTRA).
2) Format of SPEKTRA references list (Refrence Format SPEKTRA).
3) Fill the online form of:
(i) Authorship Agreement
(ii) Copyright Statement
(iii) Ethics Statement
4) Selected paper will be published in SPEKTRA issue: April | August | December (the author should completed all review and revision process).
5) Submit papers and revised papers submitted through the journal submission system, tutorials and instructions can be seen on the next points below.
6) Registration tutorial at SPEKTRA (How to Register in SPEKTRA).
7) Tutorial: submit in SPEKTRA (How to Submit in SPEKTRA).
8) Tutorial: tutorial read the review results and upload the revised file (Review Result and Revised File).
9) Instructions for writing mathematical equations in New Office 365 (How to Writing Equation Using MathType)
10) Confirm submitted/revision paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) Any accepted manuscript will be reviewed by at least two reviewers, plus editorial comments. To making a quickly review and publishing process, please following the focus and scope of Spektra. The article will be rejected if the scope does not match with SPEKTRA scope.