Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil was first published in February 2012 in a printed version under Jurnal PenSil (p-ISSN: 2301-8437). After four years running with a printed edition, in February 2016, Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil started its electronic edition (Open Journal System). In 2018 Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil got the e-ISSN: 2623-1085. The Building Engineering Education Study Program's commitment to publish articles of vocational education in the field of Civil Engineering. Since 2020, Jurnal Pensil has been published 3 times a year, in January, May and September.
Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil is intended for all academics in Civil Engineering Vocational Education. The presence of the Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil is expected to contribute to the scientific development of educational and vocational technology in civil engineering.
The scope of the Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil includes the results of quantitative, qualitative research, experiments, surveys, development, competence, construction management, and scientific studies in the form of literature studies that aim to improve quality and build innovation in technological and vocational education in the field of Civil Engineering. The focus in the Jurnal Pensil : Pendidikan Teknik Sipil includes:
- Media and Civil Engineering Learning Materials
- Civil Engineering Curriculum and Learning Methods
- Civil Engineering Education and Training Management
- Civil Engineering Learning Strategies
- Civil Engineering Education Financing
- Competence and Work in the Civil Engineering Sector, and
- Development of Civil Engineering Education and Training
Abstracting & Indexing by: