Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted manuscript is the original work of the author
- The submitted manuscript is free from plagiarism
- The submitted manuscript has never been published in other media publications
- The manuscript submitted is not being processed in other publication media
- The submitted manuscript will not be submitted to other publication media until the issuance of the decision on the manuscript (accepted or rejected) by the Editorial Board
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Guidelines for Author
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHOR
JPTV (JURNAL PENDIDIKAN TEKNIK DAN VOKASIONAL)
(Effective as of Volume 6 Number 1 Year 2020)
JPTV (Jurnal Pendidikan Teknik dan vokasional) is a journal published by LPPM, Universitas Negeri Jakarta. JPTV is a journal that publishes original research articles and reviews articles relevant to Technical and Vocational Education. JPTV is published twice a year periodically, every June and December. Each number of the journal publishes five articles. JPTV already has an International Standard Serial Number (ISSN), which is 2502-1605 (p-ISSN) since 2015 and 2620-3065 (e-ISSN) since 2018. Information about JPTV can be access via http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/jptv/index.
Authors who will send manuscripts to JPTV must fulfill all the applicable provisions in JPTV. The submitted manuscript is the original work of the author and is free from plagiarism. The author must upload a statement stating that:
- the submitted manuscript has never been published in other media publications,
- the manuscript submitted is not being processed in other publication media, and
- the submitted manuscript will not be submitted to other publication media until the issuance of the decision on the manuscript (accepted or rejected) by the Editorial Board.
The author cannot withdraw the manuscript that has been declared "accepted" by the Editor's Board. Authors who withdraw manuscripts that have been accepted by the JPTV Editor Board are not permitted to publish manuscripts through JPTV for two consecutive years since the decree was issued.
The author should register through the Open Journal System JPTV http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/jptv/user/register. The author should fulfil the form, especially on the star mark. Please give your selection as author, reviewer, or both on the Confirmation Register section. After the form filled, click on "Register" to process the registration. Please go to User Home and select your role as an author. In Active Submission, click on "Click here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process". These are the five-step submission process:
- Step 1. Start. The author has to check-mark on the submission requirements checklists. The author can give brief information to the editor about the submitted manuscript on the comment form. The author gives consent to the data provided. Please click on the "Save and Continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 2. Upload the Submission. To upload the manuscript to this journal, the author should click the upload file, change the article component as "Article Text", and browse to find the hard drive's manuscript file. Once the submission is uploaded, click Continue on the bottom of this page. Click review details and click complete on the bottom of this page. Click Confirm and please Upload Supplementary Files. The supplementary file that should be uploaded is consisting of Statement of Originality and Copyright Release Form. Therefore, click complete on the bottom of this page.
- Step 3. Enter Metadata. The author should enter metadata of all authors engaged in the writing process. The information of the manuscript title, abstract, and keywords must be filled in the textbox. Please click on the "Save and Continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 4. Confirmation. The author has to check that all documents are complete. To submit the manuscript to the journal, click the Finish Submission button.
- Step 5. Next Steps. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email. The author can trace the submission manuscript status, including manuscript review and editorial process by logging in to the journal web.
A manuscript submitted is evaluated through Initial Review by Editorial Board. Editorial Board will check the manuscript regarding the scope, originality, novelty sufficiency of experimental data, and format. At least two peer reviewers are assigned to review the manuscript with the Blind Review Process. Two weeks is a location time given to peer reviewers to evaluate the manuscript. After the review process finished, the assigned editor decides for the article. If the article needs revision, the manuscript is returned to the authors to revise. These processes take a month (maximum time). If the decision is major revision or resubmission, the revised manuscript that has been resubmitted by the submitter is sent back to the previous peer reviewers for re-evaluation. After that, the editor makes the final decision (accepted or rejected). Peer reviewers will be rated based on substantial and technical aspects. The peer reviewer assignment depends on the expertise and experiences in research and publication relevant to the field of the manuscript to be reviewed.
The writing of the manuscript to be submitted at JPTV must meet the following requirements:
- Writing the manuscripts that fit the journal focus and scope.
- Writing the manuscript using Indonesian or English that is good and right.
- Writing the manuscripts with 4,000 to 6,000 words. The number of words includes the title, name, and affiliation of the author, abstract, contents of the manuscript, and bibliography.
- Writing the manuscripts using the JPTV article template
- Writing the manuscripts using Microsoft Word with one column writing format and portrait-oriented.
- Writing the manuscripts using A4-sized paper with a border of the left edge, right edge, top edge, and bottom edge of 2.5 cm.
- Writing the manuscripts using Times New Roman type letters size 12 pt.
Systematics of Manuscript Writing, consisting of:
- The title must reflect the essence of the contents that written straightforwardly and informatively. The author provides titles in Indonesian and English. Translations of titles in English should also accompany titles written in Indonesian, and vice versa.
- Author's name, author affiliation, and correspondence. The author's name is written in full without an academic degree or indication of position and rank. The order of writers is seen based on their contribution to writing the manuscript. Author affiliations are written after writing the author's name with the components: agency name, agency address, zip code, and country name. Manuscripts with more than one author need to appoint one writer as the correspondent writer. At the bottom of the author's affiliation, the author's e-mail address is listed.
- Abstract and Keywords. The author writes the abstract clearly and concisely, describing the essence of the writer's entire contents (objectives, methods, results, and implications). The author writes the abstract in Indonesian and English. The author writes the abstract in one paragraph with 200-250 words. After the abstract, the author writes five words or phrases keywords. The selected keywords are words that reflect the concepts contained in the article. Keywords are needed to help increase the ease of access to the relevant article in the search engine.
- The introduction contains background problems supported by facts, concepts, theories, and research results from relevant and up-to-date reference sources. This section also reviews the novelty, differences of this research with previous research, and the contribution of this research to the development of science. At the end of the introduction, the authors clearly state the research objectives.
- The method section contains the type of method used, population and sample, and research sample selection techniques, types and techniques in data collection, and techniques in data processing and analysis.
- Results and Discussion. The results section presents answers to the research problems, precisely, and completely. The author can use illustration in the form of a table or figure to supplement the result's exposure to clarify and shorten the description. The author should not repeat reading data that has been presented in a table or figure. Research results must be discussed clearly and in detail. Primary and up-to-date reference sources must support the discussion.
- Conclusions and Suggestions. Conclusions are a summary of the study's main findings, which are answers to the research objectives. Suggestions are formulated based on research findings. The author also writes the suggestion for the researchers, practitioners, or relevant policymakers.
- Acknowledgments (if any). The author writes acknowledgments to people or institutions who help research activities, such as research grants.
- Writing Bibliography. Relevant reference sources support the manuscript. Reference sources used should be primary sources (national/international scientific journals publication). The number of primary libraries used is at least 80 percent of the total reference sources used in the article. The total reference sources used in the article are at least 15 libraries. The reference source used should also be an up-to-date reference source that is the source published in the last ten years. Authors should not cite quotations and not use anonymous references. Reference sources displayed in the reference list are referral sources referred to in the text-only (not copy all the reference sources in the thesis/dissertation/report reference list). The author sort reference
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.